There are a lot of foods that are great for meals but may not necessarily appropriate in snacks. You don’t normally eat rice in between meals if your primary carb source is rice. The best thing about sweet potatoes is that you can prepare them accordingly for meals as well as for refreshments. Here are a few healthy sweet potato recipes that you can prepare for breakfast, dessert or snack.
Recipe 3 – Sweet potato chaat – Indian salad
3 pieces Sweet potato
1 piece Cucumber
8 pieces Clementine oranges
To taste Salt
To taste Chaat masala
To taste Red chili powder
To taste Lime or Lemon Juice
2 tablespoon Chopped Walnuts
2 tablespoon Chopped almonds
Palm full dried cranberries or raisins
* Boil the sweet potato until tender. Make sure you do not overcook it so doesn’t get easily get mashed. Then chop.
* Chop the cucumber and clementine oranges the same size with the sweet potato. Mix all three (chopped sweet potato, cucumber and clementine oranges) in a big bowl.
* Then mix in salt, chaat masala, red chili pepper, all to taste.
* Add Lime or Lemon juice to taste.
* Then garnish the mixture with chopped walnuts and chopped almonds.
* Mix in the dried cranberries or raisins and mint leaves.
* Then it’s ready to serve.
Recipe 4 -Sweet potato pudding
1 cup cooked sweet potato
1/3 cup rolled oats
½ cup alternative milk
1 tbsp. maple syrup
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
* Add all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. You can add more alternative milk if the mixture becomes dry. Once it looks smooth, it’s done and ready to serve.
These sweet potato recipes are tried and tested for years and are simple and easy on the budget. So if you’re trying to lose weight and are bored of boiling and grilling sweet potatoes, recipes such as these can save your day.
Smile and bon apetit!