Are you looking for a quick way to lose weight? In this article I’ve outlined 15 tips for sensible quick weight loss. Developing awareness is the first step to setting yourself up for success and long-term results. There’s really no need for major sacrifices. Keep focused on the following guidelines and watch those pounds start to melt away. It’s a balanced and flexible approach to eating that you can easily start incorporating into your daily routine. In addition to diet, your top priority when considering a quick way to lose weight is exercise. Moving more not only contributes to your weight loss efforts but also increases your energy and well-being. On to our top 15 list for fast ways to lose weight.
- Keep a journal of everything that you eat and drink. Being aware of what you are eating helps you to plan healthy meals and snacks.
- Reduce your consumption of fats by half including butter, mayonnaise and salad dressings.
- Limit sugar treats including chocolate and ice cream to three times per week.
- Enjoy lower fat sources of protein including chicken breast, fish, beans, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt.
- Increase fiber and reduce fat by planning at least one lunch and dinner every week around whole grains, vegetables and beans.
- Choose low fat dairy products including milk and cheese. When you buy yogurt make sure it does not contain sugar.
- Have at least two servings of fruit every day. Choosing a delicious fruit in season is a great snack that satiates any sugar craving.
- Drink water instead of sodas, juices, or alcohol. Most programs that are focused on a quick way to lose weight recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. Not only is it important to keep hydrated, but water also flushes the toxins and waste from your body as you lose weight.
- Include at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner.
- Eat slowly. Give your body enough time to register when you are full.
- Eat carrots, they are a convenient, satiating snack. When looking for fast ways to lose weight it’s important to have snacks on hand that are not only convenient but satisfy your cravings throughout the day.
- Choose whole grains wherever possible. Whole grains contain fiber, which gives you a fuller feeling and also helps your digestion.
- Choose food that you can chew. This increases your fiber intake and the act of chewing makes you feel more satisfied. Eating fruit instead of drinking juice is a great example.
- Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. When shopping make a list of what you need and stick to it.
- The final point in our top 15 fast ways to lose weight is switch off the TV when you eat. Studies prove that we eat larger portions when watching TV, because we are much less aware of what we are eating.
Start incorporating these tips into your daily routine. Don’t be overwhelmed by too much change too fast. Pick a few tips that you can manage and add from there. Before you know it you’ll notice those pounds melting away!