Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna
Here is a delicious Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in garlic, and cook
until heated through.
- Mix in red beans, tomatoes, and red bell pepper. Season with basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and gradually mix in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in the milk. Mix in Parmesan cheese, and continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Spread 1/2 the red bean mixture in a 9×9 inch casserole dish, and top with 2 lasagna noodles. Layer with remaining bean mixture and remaining noodles. Cover with the sauce, and top with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.