This classic dish will surely favouriet for your Easter Guests.
- 5 lb leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large garlic cloves crushed,peeled, and coarsely mince
- 1 c olive oil
- 6 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoon basil leaves,Dried
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 3 fresh rosemary leaves
- Two to four hours before roasting, remove meat from refrigerator.
- Trim all outside fat and prominent sinews. In a food processor, blender, or electric mincer puree together salt, oregano, basil, mint, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. (Add 1 or 2 spoonfuls olive oil if needed.
- If no electric appliance is available, mince herbs and seasonings and pound in a mortar.
- Rub herb mixture on lamb. Stir together olive oil and lemon juice and paint some generously on meat, reserving remainder.
- Let meat stand at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place leg on rack in roasting pan in center of oven. Lower heat to 350 degrees. Brush meat with reserved oil mixture every 10 minutes.
- Roast until internal temperature at thickest part registers 135 degrees on an instant-read meat thermometer (20 minutes per pound) for rare, 150 degrees for medium, and 165 degrees for medium well-done.
Let meat rest before slicing across grain.
Share this recipe with your friends and family.