There are a lot of foods that are great for meals but may not necessarily appropriate in snacks. You don’t normally eat rice in between meals if your primary carb source is rice. The best thing about sweet potatoes is that you can prepare them accordingly for meals as well as for refreshments. Here are a few healthy sweet potato recipes that you can prepare for breakfast, dessert or snack.
Recipe 1 – Sweet potato pancakes
1 pound Sweet potato
1 cup Plain yogurt
4 Whole Eggs
1 Egg white
2 tablespoon Olive oil
2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
2 cups Rolled oats
* Pierce the sweet potato a few times with a fork and wrap it with paper towel.
* Cook in a microwave (at full power) for five minutes or until tender.
* Meanwhile, process the oats in a blender or food processor until it has a powdery texture. Then transfer it to a large bowl.
* Remove the sweet potato skin with a small knife and break the sweet potato into chunks.
* Place the chunked sweet potato in the food processor and blend it until smooth. Transfer it to the bowl with the oats.
* Stir in the olive oil, whole eggs (yolk and whites), additional egg white, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and yogurt. You can add more yogurts if you like to get the thickness you want in your pancake.
* Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium heat.
* Pour ¼ cup of sweet potato pancake onto the skillet when hot and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Then flip it. Cook on the other side until brown.
* Continue with the remaining. This serves six to eight servings.
Recipe 2 – Sweet potato wedges
½ teaspoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Olive oil
6-8 pieces Sweet potato
* Slice the sweet potato into finger sized strips.
* Mix the paprika and olive oil into a large bowl.
* Put the sliced sweet potato into the mixture and mix them together. Make sure all the sliced sweet potato is coated with the paprika and olive oil mixture.
* Lightly grease baking tray
* Place the coated sweet potato on the tray.
* Bake it for 40 minutes into a preheated oven with a 200 degrees Celsius heat.
* When done baking. It is ready to serve.